The Evergreen Fire Department and West Metro/Arvada hazmat teams responded to a chemical spill at 2785 Lemaster Drive in Evergreen on Monday evening that forced an evacuation of about 12 homes.
By about 8:30 p.m., authorities had determined the spill contained nitric acid used for stripping furniture, Evergreen Fire Chief Garry DeJong said.
The residents who were evacuated were able to return to their homes; some had gathered at Alderfer/Three Sisters Park.
A private company was hired to clean up the site on
If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Canyon Courier, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.
If you are new to the award winning Canyon Courier and wish to get a subscription or simply gain access to our online content then please enter your ZIP code below and continue to setup your account.