Firefighters extinguished flames Sunday night after three candles, called tealights, threatened to burn down a house at 6863 Snowshoe Trail in Brook Forest about 9:50 p.m.
The fire, on the upper story of a multilevel house, spread quickly through a room where candles were left burning unattended on a wooden desk.
The resident of the home, a dog and two cats all escaped without injury. The damage was limited to the room and contents.
If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Canyon Courier, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.
If you are new to the award winning Canyon Courier and wish to get a subscription or simply gain access to our online content then please enter your ZIP code below and continue to setup your account.