Five area nonprofit organizations recently combined efforts to attract business to their thrift stores.
"We held a treasure hunt and encouraged everyone to visit each store on the map, get a sticker, and enjoy the many specials and treasures at each location," said Sharon Smith, executive director of Evergreen Christian Outreach. "Our goal was to encourage folks to shop locally and discover the 'hidden treasures' that could be found."
Working with EChO, the Mountain Resource Center, Mountain Peace Shelter, the Mountain Area Pregnancy Center and Blue Spruce Habitat for Humanity participated in the event.
Shoppers who visited all five stores received a 50 percent discount on an item for purchase and were entered in a drawing for $500 in gift certificates and other prizes. The treasure hunt winner was Kelcy Fowler of Conifer.
Here is a list of area thrift stores, with hours and locations:
• Evergreen Christian Outreach Resale Shop and Home Furnishings Store, 3763 N. Evergreen Parkway — Open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
• Blue Spruce Habitat for Humanity ReStore, 1232 Bergen Parkway — Open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday.
• Evergreen Animal Protective League Thrift Shop, 27888 Meadow Drive — Open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
• Mountain Resource Center Resale and Gift Store, 10875 Highway 285, Suite D-206, Conifer — Open 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
• Mountain Area Pregnancy Center, Mother's Closet in The Place building, 27888 Meadow Drive — Open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Thursday.
• Mountain Peace Shelter Boutique, on Highway 285 in Bailey between the Knotty Pine and Conoco station — Open Tuesday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.